Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Do you love sharing your opinion?

Do you love sharing your opinion? I do.

While I dislike long email surveys or answering telephone polling questions, I do love the thrill of answering questions to help companies make and market better products and services.

Enter 1Q. 1Q stands for 'one question' and it's a local Atlanta start up firm looking to change the game of market research. The concept is simple - 1Q sends a question to your phone, via text message OR through their mobile app (your choice), you respond and get paid $.50 per answer per question, instantly and directly into your PayPal account. Pretty cool! Here's a handy graphic I snagged off of their website:



I'm a member of 1Q, and have already made $38.25 (see my screenshot within the iPhone app). You can see I've missed 9 questions - since 1Q pays people for their answers, the responses come in quick! Sometimes I'm too slow on the draw (aka don't have my phone on me...). I also choose to get $.25 per question to get the chance to get more questions through their system. And since $.25 isn't bank breaking to me, I donate my responses directly to charity, which I love. They have a number of local Atlanta charities (and some national ones too), including:

  • The Drake House: A Roswell-based non-profit supporting homeless women and children [where I donate my payments to]
  • Atlanta Bicycle Coalition: Non-profit advocating for safer and better biking in Metro Atlanta
  • CAPN: Atlanta Clinic for the homeless and medically underserved
  • Georgia Organics: Connecting organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families
  • Children's Restoration Network: A non-profit agency serving homeless children and mothers in Atlanta, Georgia since 1993
  • Lost N Found Youth: Atlanta’s only non-profit organization dedicated to taking homeless lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth off the street and into more permanent housing
  • And Many Others...

Start up firms have always fascinated me, and I think it's incredible what 1Q is doing right here in Atlanta- what a neat, simple concept! The icing on the cake is being able to donate my response payments to the charity of my choice - answering questions and helping others at the same time. Below is a snapshot of my answering an image based question about an advertisement. 


You can sign up for a free 1Q account on their website or you can download their free mobile app for iPhone and Android users. I've enjoyed answering questions and getting paid - hope you will too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment